How to Fix iTunes Error 3194
Many iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch users face iTunes Error 3194 while restoring their devices to stock or custom iOS firmware. This usually happens when you try to use custom jailbroken firmware to restore and as a result its not identified by firmware signing services in iTunes.
Here’s the fix of the problem.
Fix iTunes Error 3194
As we’ve mentioned earlier that error 3194 is caused due to unsigned firmware so blocking firmware signing services is the solution of this problem. Please follow one method from the two methods mentioned below.
1. Exit iTunes
2. Now Windows and Mac users need to navigate to host files in their Systems. Please follow below paths.
Windows Users: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
Mac Users: /etc/hosts
3. Open the file named as “hosts”. Windows users should open the file with Notepad and Mac users with TextEdit. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users should open the file by using “Run as Administrator”.
4. Add the following line a the end of the host file.
Save the Notepad or TextEdit file.
5. Now connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the Computer.
6. Now its time to put your device in DFU mode. Do this by firstly turning off your device and then launching iTunes. Hold down both Home and Power button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, release Power button but hold onto the Home button until iTunes tell your that your device is now in Recovery Mode.
7. Now use iTunes to restore your device.
8. After restoring remove “188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com” from hosts file.
2. Go to “Advanced” tab and uncheck “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” option.
3. Select “Apply” and restart your Computer.
We hope that above two method will fix iTunes Error 3194. If you’re facing any problem please tell us in comments.