Windows 8 Developer Preview is Available to Download
The long awaited Windows 8 is now available to Download from Microsoft Servers which has many intriguing features and seems pretty impressive at first glance. Its a pre-beta release which will be followed with Beta, Release Candidate (RC) and Release to Manufacturing (RTM).
Some salient new features present in Windows 8 which distinguish itself from Windows 7 are as follows
- Metro UI built specially for touch
- Windows Store
- Metro Style Apps with the ability to sync them with cloud
- Better Performance with support for ARM-based chipsets
- Newly designed Lock Screen or Welcome Page
Although this release is targeted to developers but it can be downloaded by anyone. Moreover, this release is not a stable version and might contain bugs so you should avoid using it on permanent basis.
Download Windows 8 Developer Preview ISO 32-bit / 64-bit
System Requirements are almost same as Windows 7.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch